May 29, 2018
Ep 48: 5 Ways to Grow Your Business This Summer
I’ve been coaching business leaders for about a decade now, and over the years I’ve noticed an unfortunate theme pop up again and again. It’s something that holds people back in both business and in life:
People want something to change, but they don’t want to make a change.
You know what I’m talking about! You’ve probably been there yourself. Maybe you’ve wanted to lose weight, get out of debt, or make new friends, but you don’t want to eat healthier, spend less money, or leave your house! You want to see different results without actually doing anything differently.
Maybe this applies to your business right now. Maybe your sales have been stalled or your profits have plummeted, and you just feel stuck. Friend, this episode is for you—because I’m going to give you five ways to grow your business.
Related: Assume You Can
But—spoiler alert!—it’s going to take trying some new things. Because if you keep doing what you’ve been doing, you’ll keep getting what you’ve been getting.
“If you keep doing what you’ve been doing, you’ll keep getting what you’ve been getting."
But not this summer.
This is going to be the summer you tried something different to get different results!
Everything you want is on the other side of your comfort zone. So if you want to grow your business, it might mean being uncomfortable and doing things that scare you. But that’s okay, because if you know that going in, you can do it anyway.
Overcoming the Lies That Hold You and Your Business Back With Rachel Hollis
Rachel Hollis is an author, speaker, and the founder and CEO of Chic Media. She and I are kindred spirits because we are both absolutely on fire for women who want to grow their businesses.
Her new book, Girl, Wash Your Face, addresses the lies Rachel found herself believing throughout her life. You’ve probably heard some of them playing on a loop in your head, too:
“I’m not enough.”
“I’m defined by my weight.”
“I’m not a good mom.”
Wherever these lies stem from—whether it’s society, your mother-in-law, or the devil himself—Rachel realized they define so much about how we live our lives, and she’s made it her goal to confront them head on.
In this episode, Rachel Hollis and I talk about:
- Why women sometimes make ourselves seem small to make others feel more comfortable—and how we’re hurting our potential in the process
- How she gained traction with a blog and grew that into a content and marketing business
- Making your followers, fans and customers feel known, seen and loved
- Getting the nerve to raise your rates and charge at the high end of whatever industry you’re in
- Dealing with mom guilt and the very real insecurities we feel as working moms
Rachel Cruze on Growing Your Business Dream
This is the episode with my favorite Rachels! Rachel Cruze is a #1 New York Times best-selling author and host of The Rachel Cruze Show. She’s also one of my best friends and I love watching her shine in her gifts—which, in her case, looks like helping women all over the country live their best life on a budget!
Related: Ep. 3—How to Stop Feeling Guilty for Making Money
In this episode, Rachel Cruze and I talk about:
- The secret to getting your spouse on board with your business and your budget
- How our upbringing shapes the way we view money and business
- The benefits of positive thinking and dreaming and how that can affect and grow your business
Plus, I’ll answer some of the questions you asked using our brand-new Business Boutique call-in line: 844.944.1074.
- 1:19 5 Ways to Grow Your Business This Summer
- 14:55 Interview with Rachel Hollis
- 39:40 #ASKCHRISTYWRIGHT
- 48:58 Interview with Rachel Cruze
- 65:24 Homework
To save $10 on any Business Boutique Nashville ticket, use the code BBWRIGHT.
Sign up for the Business Idea Bootcamp at BusinessBoutique.com/Bootcamp. Use the code BOOTCAMP to receive the Business Boutique audiobook for free!
If you have a success story you would like to share with the Business Boutique community, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.